My husband Jed, of 18 years, is nothing short of remarkable to me.
We first meet when we were 15 years old. I had just moved to the area from California and Jed, was actually the first boy I met along with his buddy, Oliver. Jed was a flirt, no doubt about it. When I first met him, I thought he was a good-looking fellow but I could sense his "player" ways. I wasn't into "players". I liked having friendships with guys more than getting a make-out. (My mom, after meeting him, jokingly said, "Michele, if you don't fall in love with him. I will!") So we had a casual friendship - he dated all my girlfriends, and more - where we'd say hi in church or at school.
It wasn't until we were 21 years old that our paths would cross again and we would have our first date, of many. Turns out, we were meant to be. We got engaged (May 12, 1992)after I told Jed I would be leaving to play volleyball at a University in Wyoming. He immediately asked me to marry him. I accepted. However, a week or so into June, we broke it off. I had too many questions, too many "what ifs" to figure out. A mission for my church, volleyball at a university in another state, who to marry? It was only fair to figure out, come to a resolution to these life changing questions.
Jed was patient, thankfully. Then in August of the same year, I asked him to marry me. I was finally sure! We were married four weeks later - September 23rd! One of the happiest day's of my life!!
So here I am, like I said, 18 years later, still happily, if not more happy, than 18 years ago. I married a man who has been my lover, my friend, and my faithful spouse for all these years. I often feel badly for individuals who don't feel the kind of love and happiness that I do in a marriage. I feel so spoiled! Not to mention, SO blessed!
So I pay tribute to my sweetheart, Jed. He is my everything! He makes me laugh. He makes me feel safe, grounded and adored. He often shows his love and appreciation to me by his simple yet meaningful gestures. He truly tries to help make me happy, although I realize it is up to me to be happy, he certainly contributes to my happiness and well-being!
I love you, Jed. Forever.
I hope this is a private post and not something for the whole of humanity to see and read....C'mon I am shy. Some of these personal things are journal entries that I want to be read when I'm dead....just a couple more years, I hope.
ReplyDelete