Sunday, May 29, 2011

My little brother Josh graduates from High School.


This is my little brother. Joshua David. Hard to believe that this boy is turning into a man. Setting his course and taking on the world. Now is the time to show what you're all about, Joshy. Can you take the heat, when "no one is watching"? Do you have the courage to go forward "with a brightness of hope"?
I remember vividly little Josh sitting on the sidelines of the grass volleyball court, rocking on his little bum, while his older siblings, dad and mom played volleyball. We all looked and laughed as he began to take on the look of a little hip hop dancer while dancing on his bum. He had a bright red bandanna wrapped about his neck for "drool catching". He was watching with fascination as the dark green grass of Kiwanis Park blew about at his feet, tickling his chubby baby feet. I remember stealing glances at this little boy of about 7 months and thinking, "Hard to believe but that is my little brother! What will his life be? Will I be a part of his life?"
Now 18 years later, the truth is, I've been a part of Josh's life. With the exception of a couple years in Arizona, I've seen Josh grow from baby to toddler to boy to teenager. And now, on his way to being a man. He's been a joy to behold.
Josh has been involved in sports his whole life. I'm a believer of team sports. I know there are many invaluable lessons to learn from team sports that can be applied to life. Josh has learned the value of being a team player for the greater good of the team, he has learned that in team sports its not only about you, and as a team player he realizes that working hard to be as good as you can applies both on the court and off. That's what I"m talking about. Josh is a team player. And from that he can reap incredible benefits as he prepares for a mission, goes to college, learns to provide for himself first and then to marry and provide for and create an eternal family of his own. Looks like Josh has his life right in front of him! What an incredible journey ahead! And I have all the faith in you, Josh, my brother, than I could possibly have. The world awaits you. Make it count, make the difference you are destined to make. I believe in YOU.
I love you, my little brother.

No comments:

Post a Comment